"It's time to slow down and enjoy the journey."
As you find yourself meandering your tangential journey of life sometimes you accidentally stumble upon something great. And greatness you have found in this gloriously simple essential oil...I guarantee you will fall in love her powerful herbaceous, grassy and intoxicatingly musty aromatics.
The botanical name Artemisia Vulgaris honours the Greek goddess, Artemis and is ruled by Venus. Like it's namesake, this fiercely protective plant is associated with the moon, cycles, women’s health and childbirth.
Associated with the Full Moon and with the Summer Solstice since ancient times, mugwort is also suitable for rituals all year round. Mugwort and 'witch' are almost synonymous, but you don't have to be a witch to fall in love with her.
She's definitely a fragrant oil, and with just one slow and mindful breath of this heady scent, you'll be transported to another plane entirely.
In modern witchcraft, mugwort is used primarily as a visionary herb. Mugwort boosts psychic vision and may induce prophetic dreams. An herb of the Goddess as Crone, mugwort encourages wisdom and observation.
Magickal Uses - Take your sorcery to the next level and use these bath salts when smudging, seeking protection, letting go of past hurts, preparing for bed, prior to astral travel, if seeking prophetic dreams, before or after divination, as part of your moon rituals and more.
The sulfates in Epsom salt help flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances. For a detoxifying bath, at least once weekly it is recommended that you should add up to two cups of these bath salts for a minimum of 10 magical minutes!
A simple bathing ritual might go a little something like this:
- Light some candles and draw a hot bath. Dump some of these magic salts in the bath and remember to give thanks to the mugwort for her divine beauty.
- Allow yourself to feel the lunar energy rise within you as you and in your own intuition as you reclaim your power.
- Now just soak, allowing yourself time to wash away negativity and embrace your new intention.
- As you open your heart to positivity, give thanks as you simply enjoy your bath.
- When you are done, leave anything that's no longer serving you in the bathwater. Let it flow away, down the drain to be recycled by the earth.
PS - you don't have to have baths to enjoy these salts... Arrange them around your shower recess, the steam will do the rest.
Contraindications | Do not use Mugwort if you are:
- allergic to the Asteraceae or Compositae (daisy) family of plants, which includes ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, and chamomile
- allergic to kiwi, peach, mango, apple, celery, and carrots
- under 18 years of age
Directions | Add as much or as little as you like to your shower recess, bath or foot spa.
Ingredients | Epsom Salts, Himalayan Pink Salt, Dead Sea Salt, Natrasorb and Mugwort Essential Oil.