These charcoal tablets are for use in hookah pipes and resin incense warmers.
Each roll contains 10 individual charcoal tablets and each charcoal tablet diameter is 40mm.
We only stock Swift-lite charcoal, and if you've used any other brand you'll know why. Swift-lite catch alight easy, and there's no dick'n around.
Instructions for use:
- Remove a charcoal tablet from the sealed roll and place in a censer or heat proof dish.
- Light the edge of the tablet with a lighter, match or candle.
- The tablet will then light ('catch') across its surface.
- The charcoal tablet should be left to burn out and cool in your burner/censer. If the tablet is to be extinguished before it is fully cooled then it should be placed in a container of water.
- Add your herbs/resins when your tablet is ashen.
- This will give you a steady burn.
- Always use on a heat proof surface. Keep away from flammable materials.
Warning: When the tablet has been lit do not handle it with bare hands as it will cause burns. Do not dispose of the ash remains in a bin as this may cause a fire. Do not hold the tablet in your hand when lighting or when burning.
For your first light I recommend keeping placing a few pebbles or some gravel in the bottom of your resin burner to provide an uneven surface so the heat can draw. Thereafter just keep your ash, placing your charcoal on top.
Once the charcoal is in place and alight sprinkle with herbs, resin, incense or powder as required.
Use stainless steel tongs to safely handle hot charcoal. Follow this link to purchase stainless steel tongs.
Black Salt | Use your ash by adding it to any salt. If you have sea salt etc, use that, but if you only have regular salt then that will work fine. Grind them together using a mortar & pestle. Mark out your property boundary with your black salt for protection.
What is Resin Incense? | Resin incense is super old skool!
It has been used since Biblical days and is the original incense of churches & temples. Resin Incense is powerful, and is derived from natural gums, resins, wood chips and herbs from aromatic plants.
At JOURNEY we sell several types of Resin, which you can use individually or blend together, making your own totally unique experience.
The magic happens when a heatsource (charcoal disks or tablets) meets the resin - you can then sit back and enjoy therapeutic benefits and fragrance through the resin's aromatic smoke.
To get your resin on you'll need:
- Charcoal tablet
- Resin Burner
- Your chosen resin.
If you're just starting out, then why not get yourself a starter kit?
- Follow this link to purchase a JOURNEY Resin Starter Kit – that’s a burner, tongs, charcoal and a natural resin of your choice!