Charcoal Tablets - For Hookah and Burning Incenses, Resins & Powders
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Instant-lite charcoal tablets are easy to use (they catch alight instantly) and are perfect for incenses, resins, herbal powders and hookah pipes.
Each roll contains 10 individual charcoal tablets and each charcoal tablet diameter is 33 mm.
Make sure you ALWAYS use tongs when handling lit charcoal. It's like a bloody BBQ in your hand! They get super hot 🔥 - Follow the link to check out our Stainless Steel Tongs they'll stop you from getting 3rd degree burns.
Instructions for use:
- Remove a charcoal tablet from the sealed roll and place in a censer or heat proof dish.
- Light the edge of the tablet with a lighter, match or candle.
- The tablet will then light ('catch') across its surface.
- Add your herbs/resins when your tablet is ashen because this will ensure you get a steady burn.
- Always use charcoal on a heat proof surface. Keep away from flammable materials.
- The charcoal tablet should be left to burn out and cool in your burner/censer. If the tablet needs to be extinguished before it is fully cooled then it can be picked up and placed in a container of water (or put the lid on your cauldron to smother it).
Warning: When the tablet has been lit do not handle it with bare hands as it will cause burns. Do not dispose of the ash remains in a bin as this may cause a fire. Do not hold the tablet in your hand when lighting or when burning.
For your first light I recommend keeping placing a few pebbles or some gravel in the bottom of your resin burner to provide an uneven surface so the heat can draw. Thereafter just keep your ash, placing your charcoal on top.
Once the charcoal is in place and alight sprinkle with herbs, resin, incense or powder as required..
Black Salt | Use your ash by adding it to any salt. If you have sea salt etc, use that, but if you only have regular salt then that will work fine. Grind them together using a mortar & pestle. Mark out your property boundary with your black salt for protection.
What is Resin Incense? | Resin incense is super old skool!
Burning woods, resins/gums and herbs/botanicals has been done for thousands of years and some are the original incense of churches & temples that are still in use today. This type of incense is very powerful, and is derived from natural gums, resins, wood chips and herbs from aromatic plants.
At Journey we sell loads of ingredients that you can use individually or blend together, making your own totally unique experience.
The magic happens when a heatsource (charcoal disks or tablets) meets the resin - you can then sit back and enjoy therapeutic benefits and fragrance through the resin's aromatic smoke.
To get your resin on you'll need:
- Charcoal tablet
- Resin Burner
- Your chosen aromatic.
If you're just starting out, then why not get yourself a starter kit?
- Follow this link to purchase a Journey Resin Starter Kit – that’s thw complete kit and caboodle - you'll receive an incense burner, tongs, charcoal and a natural resin of your choice (plus some free gifts).