Mystic Moon Kitty Iron-On Patch
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
I know right?
This is just toooo cute!
Yasssss! Iron-on patches are making a comeback. Or did they never lose their cool? True story, Sammi came home the other day with some from Woolies (you know those spend five bucks you get free spesh) - straight onto Mia's jacket they went!
Well I must have known something because we now have celestial kitties, demons and witches - or you can freshen up your favourite jacket or purse with a super cute cherry or sunflower. And as I said, these patches are great for covering rips or tears in your favourite clothes as well (go figure).
But wait, there's more - shop badges & patches
Here's some tips I found:
- Shirts: don’t go below the armpit.
- Jackets, pants, and shorts: Cluster several patches in one area or iron-on a trail of patches down long sleeves or pant legs. The only way to mess this up is by not having enough patches!
- Hats: Front and centre is the most popular location for a patch on a cap, about 0.5" from the bottom. Check your measurements twice to make sure that the patch you’re applying to the hat is no more than 5″ W x 2.5″H in size.
- Bags: Go crazy! Just watch out for seams, zippers, handles, or straps.
- Cover with a piece of fabric when pressing.
- Use a single layer of fabric, such as a press cloth or cotton bandana. This is to avoid scorching your patch - please don’t skip this step.
- Apply firm pressure straight down with heated iron for about 45 seconds. Be sure to apply constant pressure. We know it's habit to try and iron out the wrinkles, but do not move the iron side-to-side like you normally would. Allow it to cool a little before the next step.
- Turn the garment inside out and iron the back of the patch for 30 seconds. No need to cover this side with a piece of fabric. Be sure and apply constant pressure once again.
- Gently check if backing is adhered to garment. Let garment cool and enjoy your patch!
- Allowing the patch time to cool will help set the heatseal backing onto your garment. Simply repeat steps 4-6 if necessary.
- Wait 48 hours before washing, and turn garment inside out when doing so